Preparation of MBRS Report – Financial Statements 4 – Statement of Profit or Loss
The two options for filing Statement of Financial Position are
- Statement of Profit or Loss – by Function of Expense, or
-Expenses are broken down into selling and distribution cost, administrative expenses, other expenses and etc
- Statement of Profit or Loss – by Nature of Expense
-Expenses are broken down into depreciation & amortisation, wages and salaries, rental expenses and etc
Let us see how to fill statement of profit or loss – by function of expense
1. Most of the element labels that are in the Statement of Profit or Loss will be linked to the Analysis of Profit or Loss tab, for its breakdown. The line items in blue are total data; the subtotals to the breakdown of element labels in the Analysis of Profit or Loss tab. They cannot be edited. Below is an illustration of a completed Statement of Profit or Loss.
2. At the SOPL tab, click the “See details” link of “Revenue”. It will go to the breakdown section for revenue.
3. Fill in the breakdowns of revenue in the cells above the subtotal row 60.
4. After tagging/mapping and filling in all detailed analysis and information on the relevant element labels breakdown, preparers may hide all untagged rows using the “Untagged Row” function, to avoid confusion when revisiting the Analysis of Profit or Loss tab. Below is an illustration of the Analysis of Profit or Loss tab after hiding all untagged rows
Need help on MBRS conversion ? Please contact us for help!